Building the Capacity of this Affiliate
- Rebuilding Together’s National AmeriCorps program is called the Rebuilding Together CapacityCorps. We have 65 full-time AmeriCorps members serving in 36 affiliates in 18 states.
- The Rebuilding Together CapacityCorps builds the capacity of grassroots Rebuilding Together programs so that they may be more sustainable, effective and efficient in helping additional low-income homeowners in need.
- CapacityCorps members expand the number of energy efficiency repairs or weatherization repairs for low-income homeowners, conduct internal “green audits” of their affiliates, develop sustainable energy efficiency infrastructure, and train low-income homeowners on energy efficiency practices.
- In simple terms, “capacity building” is a process that helps a program or organization enhance its mission, strategy, skills, systems, infrastructure and human resources to serve community needs. AmeriCorps members in Rebuilding Together’s CapacityCorps will help grassroots Rebuilding Together affiliates increase our impact, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability by building and implementing additional programmatic infrastructure and systems.
- CapacityCorps members serve essential roles in building the capacity of their host site organizations in important program areas such as: recruiting and managing volunteers, performing direct home repair, doing outreach to find homeowners to serve, building community partnerships and creating new programs.
CapacityCorps Members serve during MLK week